You must ensure that the amped wireless router setup has been previously done and configured the router for the wireless settings prior to amped router update of the firmware. Also, ensure the computer connections to the amped wireless router are securely stable and established with Ethernet cable. The cable should connect to the router’s LAN port during amped wireless setup. This is so to avoid any hindrance to dropping of wifi signals and avoid unstable wifi connections.
Using setup.ampedwireless.com to upgrade your Amped Wireless firmware – firmware update:
Prior to amped firmware upgrade, you must visit the Amped official website and download the most recent firmware version for your router model. Keep the file saved on your computer safely and proceed ahead to Amped firmware update as the steps below:
Download the Firmware file for amped router firmware update:
- Access the amped wireless support official website.
- You will be asked to enter your Amped wireless router’s model number.
- Select the Downloads option below the model number field box.
- Highlight to select a new amped router model’s firmware version as you wish to upload.
- Click on download to get the zipped file.
- The new files will be Zipped files ending with .bin extension.
- Unzip the firmware file.
- Do not forget to save the file on your computer.
Logging into the amped wireless router’s web GUI using setup.ampedwireless.com:
- Launch a web browser on your computer.
- The computer must be setup to the Amped wireless router’s wifi network.
- Access setup.ampedwireless.com from the address bar of the web browser.
- If the amped web menu fails to open via setup.ampedwireless.com, enter the default IP http://192.168.1.240 as gateway to amped router login.
- The amped wireless router login page will appear.
- Enter the default amped router login details on login page.
- The default amped login username is ‘admin and the default amped login password is ‘admin’.
- The amped router’s settings page lands on screen.
- Click on More Settings option.
- Next, Click on Management option.
- Select the Upgrade Firmware link to allow the amped firmware update.
- Follow this by Clicking on Choose File or Browse option to start amped firmware upgrade process by manual way.
- Search for the saved new unzipped firmware file and try to locate it on computer.
- Click on Upload link.
- This begins the amped firmware update process.
- Highlight the new unzipped file after locating it.
- Open the file and upload it for updating the amped firmware.
- This will begin the manual firmware update of amped Wireless router.
The amped router will reboot and restart all over again to finish the firmware upgrade process taking some time to complete the update. This would ensure the successful Amped firmware update. After the amped router firmware update process completes, login to amped wireless router using setup.ampedwireless.com web address to access the web login page.
Things to avoid:
- Avoid disturbing the router’s location while firmware update process is going on.
- Avoid turning off the amped router as this hampers wireless connectivity.
- Do not go online by leaving the firmware update process halfway as this render your amped wireless router unstable.