Amped wireless AC1900 setup
Amped wireless AC1900 wifi router follows an easy setup process with three main steps:
- Establishing hardware connections
- Accessing the router’s web setup menu
- Wireless network configuration
Step 1. Establishing hardware connections to the Amped wireless AC1900 wifi router:
The amped wireless AC1900 wifi router could be connected using either wired or wireless connections.
Wired amped router connection setup:
Also called the Amped wireless Plug and Play setup, uses two Ethernet cables included in the router’s package.
- Unplug the modem from the power outlet or remove its battery backup.
- Connect the modem to the amped wireless AC1900 wifi router with an Ethernet cable.
- Attach the Ethernet cable to modem’s WAN port at first end and to the Amped wireless AC1900 wifi router’s WAN port at the other end.
- Plug the modem again to the power outlet and turn it on for power.
- Next, connect the amped wireless AC1900 wifi router to the computer with a included Ethernet cable as well.
- Attach the Ethernet cable’s one end at the LAN port on the computer and the other end any one of the available LAN ports on the amped wireless AC1900 wifi router.
- Turn on the amped wireless AC1900 wifi router after establishing power connection.
- Wait for the power LED to show light.
- Also, turn on the computer after connecting it to the power source.
Wireless amped router connection setup:
Wireless connection setup for amped wireless AC1900 wifi router setup needs an active internet from the ISP.
- The amped wireless router should be powered on and the power LED should be stably lit.
- Connect the computer to the amped wireless AC1900 wifi router’s wifi network wirelessly over wifi.
- Launch the wifi connection manager of your computer.
- Scan for the available wifi connections nearby.
- To connect to the amped wireless AC1900 wifi router’s default wireless settings – select its SSID (network name)
- Use the wireless security key (password) to connect to the particular SSID of amped wireless router.
- Both of the default details could be located on the router’s label or the manual.
Amped router’s wireless network would be established with computer.
Step 2. Accessing the Amped wireless AC1900 router’s setup menu via setup.ampedwireless.com:
- Go to the web browser window on computer previously connected to aped router’s wifi and launch it.
- Type setup.ampedwireless.com web address for default amped router login in the web address bar.
- Press Enter.
- If the amped wireless web menu could not be reached, type a default IP gateway login 220.127.116.11 to direct the web menu configuration screen.
- Usually, Amped wireless router login screen would pop up with amped wireless login using setup.ampedwireess.com or default IP, but for the first time amped router login, an amped wireless setup configuration web menu would show up.
- As you access the amped wireless web menu, the Amped router setup welcome page is directed.
- The Smart setup wizard screen would load directly.
- Click on the Begin setup option on the setup page,
- The smart setup wizard automatically directs the amped router setup process with stepwise instructions.
Step 3. Amped wireless AC1900 wifi router’s wifi configuration:
- Users could opt to select the amped wireless AC1900 wifi router setup manually or automatically for configuration of the settings.
- To allow manual configuration of your amped wireless AC1900 wifi router, choose Skip the setup wizard link.
- Click on the automatic configuration option.
- This would allow the smart setup wizard to configure wireless network settings automatically with the recommended wireless settings.
- Click on the Next link.
- Enter the default wireless network SSID and password of the amped wireless AC1900 wifi router’s wifi as printed on its label.
- To Apply the wireless settings, click on Save.
- The amped wireless AC1900 wifi router setup gets completed.
Some of the setup issues that arise while amped wireless AC1900 wifi router setup are:
- Bad gateway error or page cannot be displayed error prompts on Setup.ampedwireless.com login in the address bar.
- The web menu or web configuration page does not open when trying to access it through setup.ampedwireless.com login.
- The Wireless network name SSID might not get configured by the smarts setup wizard automatically during amped wireless AC1900 wifi router setup.
- Amped wireless AC1900 wifi router might fail to accept the security password for its SSID during configuration of the wireless settings.
- Internet connectivity problems might be seen such as dropping wifi signals or loosing connection due to improper amped wireless AC1900 wifi router setup with connected hardware devices – modem and computer.
- Established wifi network connection might be signalling too low signals for running setup.ampedireless.com setup.
- Amped wireless router might have got crashed.
Basic troubleshooting steps to avoid such amped wireless AC1900 wifi router setup issues:
- Cross check that the modem is well connected to the amped wireless AC1900 wifi router’s modem or WAN port with an Ethernet cable.
- Also, cross check the connections between the computer and amped wireless AC1900 wifi router’s LAN port.
- Avoid wirelessly connecting the computer to the amped wireless router during the setup process to avoid loss of signals or other inferences.
- Check if your computer is not connected other wireless devices and try to disable its wifi adapter temporarily.
- Also, ensure to disable the installed firewall programs on your computer as they might interfere with the accessing of setup.ampedwireless.com.
- Ensure the latest and amped wireless compatible web browser is being used for accessing setup.ampedwireless.com.
- If the DSL modem is being used wifi, manual configuration of wireless settings during amped wireless AC1900 wifi router setup is advisable.
- Try to power cycle the amped wireless AC1900 wifi router by plugging it off from power and then connecting it to power again. Run the smart setup wizard setup process again.
- The ultimate solution could be resetting the amped wireless router to its factory default settings using the factory reset button on it