The amped wireless routers could be setup using either of the two following ways:
- Using setup.ampedwireless.com -web based utility page
- Using Web Protected Setup – WPS method
Amped wireless router setup – establishing connections:
Amped wireless router connection setup with hardware devices:
Foremost, you must connect an amped wireless router to hardware devices for amped router setup of amped wireless network connection. Amped setup could be through wired Ethernet cable that is used to affix modem to amped router and computer to the amped router as well, where modem provides the internet network and computer is used for amped router login, amped router setup as well as amped route configuration to manage and control the router settings.
Amped router setup -Wired mode of connection:
It is also known as the “Plug and Play setup” connection method for amped wireless router setup.
- Setup connects between the modem and WAN port of the Amped wireless router utilizing an Ethernet cable wire.
- Also, setup computer’s connection with the LAN port of the amped wireless router again utilizing the Ethernet cable.
- Turn on all the connected hardware to initiate amped wireless setup.
Amped router setup – Wireless mode of connection:
To connect the devices wirelessly, you require an active working internet connection provided by your ISP and are sure of the amped wireless router powered on as indicated by its power LED.
Keep in hand information of all the needed wireless network credentials- SSID along with wireless network key beforehand to the amped wireless router setup wirelessly.
- Head over to the wifi network connection manager on your computer.
- Scan for available wireless network SSIDs.
- Select the default wireless network SSID of your amped wireless router wifi.
- Connect to the amped router’s wireless network with its default wireless network SSID and the wireless network password.
You will get connected to the amped router wireless network for amped router setup.
Amped router setup using setup.ampedwireless.com -web based utility page
Setup.ampedwireless.com is default web or LAN protocol address letting you access to the amped wireless routers web based management or so called -graphical user interface GUI. It allows access with default set amped router login credentials such as default amped router login username and password to the web GUI.
- Setup amped wireless router connections to modem and computer as explained above.
- Launch an amped supporting web browser on a computer connected with plug and play amped router setup.
- Type setup.ampedwireless.com as the default amped router login address in the address bar and then press Enter.
- A default IP gateway 188.8.131.52 can also direct you to the amped router login page
- Amped wireless router login screen pops up on computer screen.
- Enter the amped login default username and password in the login fields. Type “admin” in both the fields.
- For first time access to a web based management page, you will be directed to the Amped router setup page.
- The Smart setup wizard screen auto-launches.
- It directs the user to begin amped router setup following the onscreen displayed stepwise instructions.
- You are opted to select the amped router setup manually or automatically to configure the settings.
- Opt for automatic configuration option to allow the smart setup wizard to configure wireless network settings automatically.
- Key in the default wireless network name/SSID and wireless network password of the amped router’s wifi as mentioned on label.
- Apply the settings by clicking on Save.
- The Amped router setup is complete to be used.
Amped router setup using Web protected Setup –WPS option
This type of setup is possible only if your all hardware devices have the WPS one-touch setup button on them.
- Search for the WPS button on the amped wireless router. It is usually on the backside panel of your amped wireless router.
- Press and hold the WPS button for a few seconds.
- The power LED of the amped wireless router will show blinking light.
- During this time, also push down the WPS button on your wireless adapter
- WPS will henceforth, automatically configure the amped router setup wireless settings and allow the devices to connect with each other.
Few problems faced while amped router setup to configure the amped wireless router network:
- Wireless network name SSID might not appear when it is searched for on your connected computer device.
- Amped wireless router sometimes fails to accept the wireless network password SSID in the wireless settings.
- Internet connectivity issues might be experienced, sometimes, wifi signals would drop as due to improper amped wireless router setup to connected devices.
- Amped router setup using WPS might not be supported on your device or not setup.amedwireless.com login to complete.
- Wireless network connection might be too slow for setup.ampedwireless.com login as well as setup.
- Amped wireless router might have crashed.